Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tag! You're It, Baggy Eyes!

A little side note to start things off, this is post #525!

So! I've been tagged yet again by the cutest of bloggers, Collin. I'm supposed to list 6 weird things about me then tag 6 other people. It's hard thinking of weird things about myself. I think I'm pretty normal but we'll see...

1) I have the worst balance EVER! I'll just be standing there talking and, whoops! Over I'll start to go. 99% of the time I can catch myself and usually Collin's got my back - he seems to know when I'm toppling...he can reach out and right me without missing a step of whatever it is he's doing! When he's not there, though, it can get hairy. I was with Mom one day and started to go over and she had no clue. I almost hit the dirt!

2) I am an organizational freak. I have all these little projects in the works intended to organize my life. So far I haven't completed them because, frankly, they're freakin' HUGE but one day I'll finish them. My plans include to sort all my music into alphabetical order by song title (for this I have fancy colored index cards and shiny markers), put all my photos into scrapbooks and file all the genealogy info I've acquired into my NEW FILING CABINET! There'snot enough time in the day to get all this stuff done. What's weird about this is that it's fun to me!

3) I roller skated with a movie star! When I was in 6th grade...6th or 7th...I went roller skatiing at Skate City (which now happens to be right across the street from where I live. If that had been the case THEN, I'd have been a champion roller skater!!) with my friend Sandi. We were skating and this kid came up and asked me if I would skate with his friend during couples skating. The kid he pointed out was cute enough - dark hair and eyes with freckles. I told him, "I will if he asks me himself." So he did. He was sweet and shy and he held my hand while we skated. His name was Kelly Reno, he was from Pueblo and he had just starred in Black Beauty. I didn't realize it til a few months later when I was looking through a 16 magazine and saw a picture of him! If you follow that link - he's at the bottom of the page...he didn't grow up too cute!

4) I can pop my jaw. I've always been able to do it. I just roll my jaw and it pops continually. It can really gross people out which is fun. I didn't realize just how weird it was until we were watching That's Amazing! one night and they had some guy on there doing it. Mom, Dad & Derek were all..."eeeyeew!" and I said, "What? I can do that. Watch!" and then they were "eeeyeew"-ing me!

5) I totally believe in reincarnation. I always have and I don't know where the belief came from. It seems to me that I've always thought that I've lived before. I had a past life reading done once at the metaphysical fair here in town and the lady was a total sham. The things she was telling me didn't mean anything and when I asked why I loved music so much she got all flustered and said that I had been a nun and the chanting was a very important part of my day. Ummm...sure...anyway...the second time I went to an old wrinkled lady all dressed in purple and she was awesome. Without me saying a word to her, she looked at my palm, flipped a few Tarot cards over and started telling me that music & dance had always been important in my life, that I started out as a palace dancer in ancient Egypt and was even a ballerina in one life. In one life was obsessed with horses and was an expert rider and in my last life before this one I was an Italian race car driver. All of it resonated with me in some way: I love anything to do with Egypt, I wanted to be a ballerina when I was little and even took lessons, I LOVE horses and always thought I could have been a race car driver since I love speed. I did, for a while, think I had been Alexandra Romanov...that's a whole other post in itself...but there was a MySpace page a while back where the girl running it thought she was Alix reincarnated and I told Collin, "She can't be cuz I am! Uh!" :-)

6) I'm obsessed with office supplies. It's true...there should be a support group or something. Office Max makes me happy - just looking at all the envelopes, stacks of different colored paper, pens, paper clips, staplers...and the many uses you could get out of them all....it makes my head swim with delight! I have pens everywhere in the house and in my smock pocket at work I have no less than 6 pens, 2 markers (one fat tip, one skinny) and 1 highlighter. I have a little plastic organizer with 3 drawers filled with notebooks. I stock up during the back to school sales and actually get excited thinking of all the wonderful things I could buy! I always wanted a full size filing cabinet and Collin got me one for my birthday this year, making me giddy as a schoolboy!

7) I write in the air. My dad told me once that was a sign of obsessive compulsive disorder and maybe it is but I'm not Monk-like about it...yet. See, if someone says a word that I wonder how to spell or if it sounds neat to me, I'll write it out in the air. Sometimes, though, I'll just write my name in the air for the heck of it. Collin's always asking me what I'm writing. And if I make a mistake...I actually rub my hand over it to erase it.

So there's the 6 things + an extree just cuz I like you. If the following would like to play along, go right ahead. I won't force you:

Kathleen
Restless Angel
Michael Manning
Sylvana
Sara
Derek (since he's already been tagged by Collin)

Labels:



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?