Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Been Caught Stealing

I found this at Kathleen's site; it looked like fun so I took it.

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback? Honestly, I don't care. As long as I have the book! If it's Victoria Holt or Phyllis Whitney, though, it's all of them! I have to have every copy - hardback, paperback, different covers...it's tough being a collector! :-)

Amazon or brick and mortar? I don't care as long as I get the book I'm looking for.

Barnes & Noble or Borders? See above.

Bookmark or dogear? Bookmark, bookmark, bookmark!!! Dogears are so rude!

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random? Right now everything is a random jumble because of the move but when I get the books all sorted it will be this way: all hardbacks together, alphabetized by author then by release date. Then the paperbacks done the same way. Collin calls me Monica (from "Friends")...I have no idea why!

Keep, throw away, or sell? If you saw my house you wouldn't ask me this question. I keep everything!!!!

Keep dustjacket or toss it? What? People toss the dustjackets?

Read with dustjacket or remove it? Remove it usually. I tend to tear them if I leave them on.

Short story or novel? Either.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? I like them both but Harry Potter is my choice.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? I stop when I have to so that would be wherever I am.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Both.

Buy or Borrow? Usually buy but I'll borrow if someone has something I really want to read. If I like it I'll buy it at some point.

New or used? Both, I'm not picky, but have a tendency to buy used more often, just because it's cheaper.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse? Recommendation or browsing.

Tidy ending or cliffhanger? Tidy ending, please. I hate having to sit around thinking about what could possibly happen.

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading? ANY time I can get a minute.

Stand-alone or series? Both.

Favorite series? There are so many!!! Harry Potter, J.D Robb's Eve Dallas series, Elizabeth Peters Amelia Peabody series, Jackie Collins' Lucky series...

Favorite children's book? The Secret Garden

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? The Wit'ch War series by the man who's name I can never remember...James Clemens, I think. Excellent set of books!

Favorite books read last year? Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and all the J.D. Robb Eve Dallas books.

Favorite books of all time? The Road To Paradise Island by Victoria Holt, The Golden Unicorn by Phyllis A. Whitney, Tick Tock by Dean Koontz, Remembrance by Jude Deveraux.

Least favorite book you finished last year? Murder At The Washington Post by Margaret Truman

What are you reading right now? Highland Velvet by Jude Deveraux

What are you reading next? The next 2 books in the Velvet series.

Labels: ,



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?