Monday, March 20, 2006

A Conversation In A Vue

Dad: I think I'll open a barber shop.

Mom: You can't cut hair! You don't know how!

Dad: I don't have to know how. I can hire people to do that.

Mom: Buzz cuts will be your specialty.

Me: Yeah! That'll be the name of the shop - Buzz Cuts

Dad: Why Buzz Cuts? I'll do more than buzz cuts.

Mom: Can you dye hair? You don't know how to dye hair!

Dad: It's a barber shop! No one will want their hair dyed!

Mom: Men will come in and say 'Color my mustache!' or 'Cover my gray.' Will you know how to do that?

Dad: There will be no dying in my barber shop!!

Me: This is a barber shop for men! No hair dying!

Dad: Exactly!

Mom: Remember when....'Shave & a hair cut, 2 bits!'

Dad & Me: Wha...

Mom: You know?? The old song...what would 2 bits be? 50 cents?

Dad: A quarter.

Mom: No-ooo. 2 bits can't be a quarter.

Dad: Yes. 2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits, a dollar. See? A quarter. 4 quarters equal a dollar.

Mom: But...2 bits can't be one quarter. It just doesn't work.

Dad: Well, that's the way it is. Sorry.

Me: Who decided that then? It really doesn't make any sense.

Mom: Well, obviously someone wasn't thinking.

Labels: , ,



|
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?